Equestria has an extensive and deeply ingrained history of speciesism in which every animal but ponies are viewed as inferior and are born into slavery. With the exception of dragons ( due to their extreme puberty and higher intelligence) they are stripped of all free will and taught to never speak English, read, or write in order to keep them subordinate. Carnivorous and omnivorous slaves live short lives due to their forcedly plant-based diets. There has been recent acknowledgement of the civil rights issues involved in these practices among younger, more educated liberal ponies, but because slavery is still actively practiced it continues to be an aspect of society that many ponies simply do not talk about.
I don’t really think there’s a graceful way to portray anthropomorphic animals owning other animals like even that pet episode of MLP freaked me out a little because you could tell those animals understood English like is slavery legal are they a couple notches down on the intelligence ladder what the fuck is going on.
Reblogged from: goatpox
Originally posted by: goatpox
- fuckyeahitsayme reblogged this from tinniestbee
- fuckyeahitsayme likes this
- tinniestbee reblogged this from nickardly
- giggling-mushrooms likes this
- rundevildevilrunrun likes this
- alicia-excelsior reblogged this from goatpox
- mmmellld said: yeaaah, it’s the age old “if goofy is a dog, why is pluto on a leash” deal. Those are some downright creepy undertones.
- beignets likes this
- goatpox likes this
- nickardly reblogged this from goatpox and added:
- pollynareff likes this
- crabfluxe likes this
- bigfatbug likes this
- lolman9000 said: arthur has a pet dog and also friends that are dogs and that has always freaked my shit out
- underface said: I see where you’re coming from but what about PETPETS?
- crybabyjohnny likes this
- fuhooqwugahds likes this
- goatpox posted this